Sunday, 17 August 2014

it's impractical to go out and catch and death in a dress fit for the summer






























 Cor blimey that was a lot of photos, I applaud and congratulate you if you have a slow internet connection and sat at your laptop for a good few hours waiting for these photos to load. I had so many photos piling up on my camera from various outings and thought I'd just shove them all into one big post as a sort of catch up type 'thing'. Both of these sets of photos are from a trip a couple of friends and I took to Cambridge last week some time to do some shopping and just have a general mooch around as well as a day trip I took with my family to a country house and gardens near to us; the market happened to be on in Cambridge and I spent a while browsing the book stall on the hunt for another Observer's book to add to the collection. I didn't buy anything of interest throughout the whole day, although of course I was my usual indecisive self and contemplated many things. I tried on a huge floppy hat in Topshop which was so utterly beautiful and boho-esque but sadly came with the ridiculous price tag of £35, I now sense a long eBay hunt to find one that fits my minuscule budget. The day ended with us sat in the rain at the train station under an umbrella devouring Millie's cookies.
The other photos are of course from a day trip to a country house a few towns away from us. The house itself was ok, it wasn't particularly pretty and the insides were just plain creepy: lengthy corridors with floor to ceiling cabinets full to the brim with stuffed animals in every breed and colour and shape you can imagine. My textiles theme for year 11 is going to be ' Cabinet of Curiosities' and this would have been the perfect teacher's pet research that would have impressed but alas, photography was banned. Although the house slightly disappointed, the grounds certainly exceeded expectations. They stretched for miles with bridges and lakes and fairytale paths dotted in a maze of woods and fields. We stumbled across the organic garden which had a few greenhouses peeking out at the bottom of the field. I am now insistent on buying a house with an orangery in it, which I shall fill with looming plants and cacti and an antique wooden table which I can sit and pretend to enjoy literature at.
In other news, I have become completely and utterly obsessed with Catfish and the Bottlemen, although the name evokes images of a one man blues band, they are in fact a rocky pop type band. They all walk round in leather jackets and skinny jeans and Chelsea boots looking the epitome of cool. They are yet to release an album, although the singles they've released are all incredible. It's rare that you listen to a band's songs for the first time and like them, let alone anything they've ever created. Every single song is catchy and if you watch interviews of them they are all instantly like able too. I highly recommend the song Kathleen and the song and the video to Fallout.
Hope you're all enjoying your summer hols still and hope those of you that got your results back got what you were hoping for!

Imogen

currently: listening: isle of her//klaxons, catfish and the bottlemen//pacifier, //kathleen, //fallout, lana del rey//young and beautiful, reading: divergent//veronica ross, wishing: gingham shorts

13 comments:

  1. The Cambridge Market looked so lovely! Stunning photos.

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh second-hand books, records and jewellery?! Sounds perfect to me. Lovely photos xx

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such cute photos! Everything so quaint and adorable!

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures so much and I adore markets! Xx I've just started a blog of my own and if you're interested you are very welcome to visit. Followers are desperately needed!!! http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it looks so cute! I wish we had more markets like that around my town, unfortunately to find really good ones I have to travel to London xx

    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos, would love to visit cambridge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trip sounds lovely and your photos are beautiful!

    cultkid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah missed reading your posts so much!

    www.beyondimagination12.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing photographs! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, all comments make my day! Please don't ask me to follow for follow your blog, leave your link and I'll check it out instead!